Tuesday, March 5, 2019

70's Musicmaster Bass

* Some work on a beat up 70's Musicmaster Bass ( the neck is original but I think the body was replaced long ago with something else).

-had the neck refretted/cleaned/lacquered at a local luthier in my country, because it had extended fretwire damage; (thank you Mr. Eugen Cretu!)
-did a full setup/derusted/replaced all screws/cleaned everything (this was a very very messy and unplayable instrument prior to everything);
-had to buy a tuner key to match the other ones (very hard to find, but I had some luck in the US)
-the wiring was a mess, so I redid it with appropriate pots and also redid the aluminum foil on the pickguard back, and also repalced the pickup wires with cloth ones;

Sounds great now and plays very good for such an old forgotten bass
Some after and before pics, and also a video of me testing it:

 

















Before:






 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment