Friday, August 23, 2019

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headset driver repair

* Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro driver repair

The coil wires from one driver ruptured and had to be extended,and by that I mean physically soldered other thin copper wires on the remaining ones close to the coil (in addition to a broken wire in the headset anyway and that the wires came through the headset almost breaking off completely).
This was almost like a micro surgery hard repair haha,but I did it :D, and managed to reglue the whole driver membrane back.
The repaired driver works and sounds great now, just like the other one.















4 comments:

  1. I am going to try this today.. Yesterday my cans went mono on me due to a short caused by over twistage. I went in for what i thought was a easy repair but didnt notice the tiny wires until after I overheated one lug. I was so pissed at myself. But I am happy I saw this. I was ready to throw in the towel. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, can't believe this actually is of some relevance to someone haha.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I've just bought junk dt990 for very cheap. I thought i can fix it anyhow.changed my mind real quick.. afther open cans. coil was burned、it not even cooper color it was so blacky fragile . that wire gone while i tickle the coil.once the coil sink into the hole. noting i can do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Sorry but you can't do anything with a burned coil :( (if it's "blacky" anywhere it means it's gone)

      Delete