Thursday, October 1, 2020

Dod 250 Gray Variant Clone (139th pedal built)

 * 138 pedals done so far, and not even one for myself...

 
 I finally built myself a DOD 250 Grey clone and instead of leaving it stock, I mounted sockets EVERYWHERE to play with values haha, so it's a constant work in progress. I applied resin on the board wires so that the constant socket tinkering doesn't allow them to break. It offers that punchy shred/neoclassical 80's like tone, very chuggy/fat but with enough presence, even on an almost weak/clean channel. Everything maxed of course.

In the end I decided to leave it stock. This DOD 250 Gray Clone features:

  • the typical 741 IC
  • an external switch to choose between values of the capacitor on the feedback loop of the IC (this is useful in preventing oscillations in the pedal when it is on "full", depending on the guitar and gear you use); this can make the pedal more open or more dark. has 3 modes
  • true bypass with a white LED

Pics and videos:













 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment