Totally Wycked Audio - Source Code Overdrive clone (HGE Contraptions 181st circuit built)
This is basically a "Tubescreamer 2.0" designed by the original father of the Tubescreamer, Susumu Tamura:
https://totallywyckedaudio.com/products/sc-01-source-code-overdrive
Don't know what the "magic IC" is since it's a SeCrEt and shaved off in the original as well, so I went just for fun with a SMD adapted hifi OPA1656 heh.
Sounds alright but personally I'm not a TS fan. I always deemed them too mid pushed. The "Bite" tho is nice on this one, sounds less anemic.








Hey! Love the whole layout of your builds, very clean!
ReplyDeleteWhat do you use to attach the board to the pots? Some kind of foam?
Hello Ronnie! Thank you for the appreciative words
ReplyDeleteI always use 3m adhesive foam between the pots(sticky side on the pots) and the board. The board is simply held in place by the lid pressing on the parts(sometimes it’s also with foam sometimes electrical tape on the lid back, depending on the enclosure height) and the foam between the pots and the board. I’ve been doing this since always and due to using single core wires also and foam “sandwich” , nothing ever moves and the foam “moulds” to the circuit, and everything is very tight and snug and you can throw these pedals and they will always work haha. I’ve built quite a few and some went on tours with bands for years, they had corners of the enclosure broken off and insides exposed and still nothing happened, so this is enough.
You can actually see this in a pic below the first ones.